We are searching for Arctic Fish a new Chief Operating Officer for our new harvesting plant. The position will take part of the implementation of new process equipment and will be responsible for preparing the start-up and the running operations in the facilities. This position requires close cooperation with internal and external resources and support functions. COO Harvesting Plant also has a collective responsibility beyond own work area where there is a need for follow-up and extra effort. We offer an exciting opportunity being a part of building and implementation of a new harvesting plant, and to be a part of the growing salmon farming industry Iceland. The designed capacity for the harvesting plant is 50 000 tonnes.
- Operational responsibility of the harvest plant to secure an optimal and efficient production
- Implementation and start-up of a new facility including recruitment and quality systems
- Ensure that Arctic Fish’s requirements for hygienic standards and quality are communicated and complied within the harvesting operations
- Comply with regulatory requirements
- Overall responsibility for HSE
- Personnel responsibilities including recruitment and competence development
- Budget, planning and follow-up of the day-to-day operation
- Implementation and continuous follow-up of the current certifications and audits
- Secure best practices on hygienic standards in the production
- Deviation handling and follow-up
Qualifications and personal traits
- Previous experience from similar work or position.
- Higher education with focus on production, logistic or similar. Experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Strong personal motivation and dedication for achieving results
- Good analytical skills
- Strong collaboration skills
Language: Strong written and oral skills in English and preferable Icelandic (not required)
- A challenging and exciting management position in a growing company and industry in Iceland.
- Exciting and varied work task in a new build harvesting plant with state-of-the-art equipment.
- A future oriented culture with strong focus on sustainability, environment, and fish welfare together with strict hygienic standards.
For additional information, and to apply for the position, please go to www.searchhouse.no or contact our advisor at Search House AS Jan Gunnar Storli, tlf. 924 12 800. CEO of Artic Fish, Stein Ove Tveiten, tlf. 843 9900 or Elísabet Samúelsdóttir HR Manager tlf. 866 1334 can also be contacted. All inquiries to Search House will be treated confidentially.
Application deadline: July 3, 2022.